Sunday, June 14, 2009

Watching the boats float by..

Today felt like the first official day of summer. The weather was gorgeous, so after church, serving in the nursery, having lunch with some friends, and the Tigers game, we headed out to the beach. I just love sitting by the channel and watching the boats go through and watching people catch fish. We packed up a quick dinner, grabbed the sand toys and away we went. It was crowded and we thought we wouldn't get a parking spot, but we ended pulling right up.
Abby loves to play in the sand. She made birthday cakes and sand castles. She picked up stones and built roads. We saw dead fish floating in the water and LOTS of boats headed out to the big lake.
There's just something about fresh air and water that can relax you. Now Abby's sleeping (or at least trying to find sleep) and I'm relaxed. I hope you all had a blessed Sunday too.

No comments: