Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crazy Cupcake Celebration!

Tonight started with a great dinner (chicken enchiladas) made by Jessie! It's her mother's recipe and it was delicious!! It's always nice to have someone else cook dinner for you. :)
Then it was time for the night we've been waiting for....Jessie and I signed up for a cupcake decorating class at the library! We were so excited for this event! It started at 6:30 and we had to bring an empty cupcake container to bring our cupcakes home. We weren't sure what to expect, I mean after all, cupcakes at the library?!? But it was so much fun! They had 12 different cupcakes for us to decorate and we traveled from table to table to make each one. Jessie and I traded cameras and while I took pictures of her, she took pictures of me. We took a picture of every cupcake we decorated, so enjoy all the pictures!
This one was the tulip cupcake and turned out so cute! It was made out of gumdrops.
For the purple flower we had to cut a marshmallow into five different parts and then add an M&M and some sprinkles. Too cute!
I knew this one would be Abby's favorite. She loves butterflies so I made a pink one for her.
The American flag cupcake was fun and VERY easy to make.
You can't tell by looking at this one, but it's a sunflower made with small Oreo cookies. There's also a small ladybug on there. It was a little tricky, but turned out so cute!
This spider one made me laugh out loud!! It looked hilarious!
The watermelon cupcake was Jessie's favorite. This one was so easy!!
I know I keep saying that these cupcakes turned out cute, but they really did! This one is a lion! Grrrr!!
A cute monkey made with M&M's and vanilla wafers cut in half.
Jessie fooled me here and took a work picture. Here I am focused on my snowman cupcake. Cupcakes are serious business!
Here's the finished product.
This one was my FAVORITE!!! It's a bucket of popcorn!! It was made with miniature marshmallows stuck with white frosting and then sprinkled with yellow sprinkles. The popcorn paper was taped to the side. It really turned out cute!
This is just a red heart with red sprinkles. I found this one a little boring.

Here's a picture of all 12 cupcakes. Which one is your favorite? Leave me a comment, I truly am interested in which one you like best.
Here we are at the end of the night. Thanks Jessie for coming with me and laughing with me too!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a hard one. I like them all. I think the lion is my favorite.

Jessica Zomermaand said...

That was sooo much fun!!! :) and i didn't mess anything up TOO bad!! ;) love u!

The Silver Fox said...

What awesome cupcakes! The spider ROCKS... as does the lion! What fun!