Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Happenings

It was another full Sunday! After church we headed over to Soe's to help celebrate Dumha's birthday. The Soe's are the refugee family that my parents are helping. Their daughter turned one so we celebrated! We had lunch at a Chinese buffet. I'm NOT a fan of Chinese food...so I wasn't too overly excited about the destination. But, it was a big buffet and there were even a few "American" entrees. We all came away stuffed, especially after the birthday cake.
This afternoon we've just been at home playing with our toys. I read the newspaper and Abby played house. We read books together, played pretend school, and ate imaginary food. We've got a couple of playdates set for later this week. I'm looking forward to having a slower pace this week.

This picture is from yesterday. Abby was playing outside in the yard with her sidewalk chalk and bubbles. We didn't get outside today. It was much too cold and it started to rain. We're supposed to get quite a few inches of snow. What a great way to start Spring Break.

No comments: