Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break has begun

Yesterday was the start of our spring break vacation. I was excited to sleep in and be lazy. We didn't get out of bed until 6:45 and that's a whole hour and 15 minutes later than usual. I was excited! I told Abby that I wasn't going into work and I would be home with her all day, she hugged and hugged me. While we did start the morning slow, we were up and dressed by 8. I started to read the newspaper and Abby played with a new toy. We even had cake for breakfast. Yeah, it's spring break.
Then I discovered..a GARAGE SALE! If you know me in real life, you know that I'm always up for a great deal. I've been waiting for garage sale season to start, so I was a little giddy. We didn't get much. Abby did find a Strawberry Shortcake nightgown that she was excited about. Then it was off to Meijer, then Target and finally home.
After lunch I did another spring break thing....I took a nap! It felt great and I woke up refreshed and much more relaxed. All morning I had a headache, I think it was the release of stress from work, but the nap took it away.
Later that afternoon I watched Facing the Giants. I know, I'm behind the times and it's been out for a while..but I don't get to watch too many of my movies. Case in point, as I'm typing this I'm watching Special Agent Oso on the Disney channel. Anyway, I really liked it!! What a great message...Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE with GOD! I needed to hear that again, right now in the midst of my depression about receiving my adoption referral. The other message I received from the movie was the fact that we need to praise our God in the wins and the losses. It's a decision we make. So with that said, I'm starting my Saturday morning with the decision to praise my God in everything! Here's Abby playing the new Rush Hour game. It's so fun. She's not playing it the right way, instead she's trying to match up the cars to the pattern. She's good at it!! And yeah, that's her breakfast of cake next to her. And it only got worse, when we left for the garage sale, we each grabbed a piece of cold pizza to eat on the way...and then she got a Hershey's kiss from the garage sale. Good thing we're going to try and eat healthy today. But hey, you need to do something special for spring break. :)
Here's Abby this morning. She always sits in the big green chair with her doll, sippie of milk and bowl of cereal. She usually needs about 10-20 minutes to really wake up and then she's busy running through the house and dancing with the music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY thought of you when I read through the garage sales in the paper today!!!!

Too funny!!!