Today was a great day! My parents called us early this morning and invited us out to breakfast at Steak and Shake. After a few pancakes and several cups of coffee, my mom, Abby and I headed out to do some garage sale-ing. We didn't find much, but there was one nice sale that had some clothes for Abby. We picked up a new purple princess shirt and she's in love with it.
Then we headed home and quickly into the Dutch outfit. She looked ADORABLE!! She also felt beautiful! Then it was off to Dutch village. It's the Queen's birthday celebration and everyone could get in free today. They were also giving away free season passes to every family with admission. So, we got in free and got free season passes. What a deal!
There was so much there for Abby. She loved it all! We ran into my teacher's aide from school. It was fun to see her with her grandkids. :) I posted lots and lots and lots of pictures, but they were all so cute and since I'm the mom, I'm allowed to post as many as I want. :)
Here's Abby in her Dutch outfit. Isn't she picture perfect? The apron looks like it's swinging, but it's actually the wind. It was so windy today!
The first stop at Dutch village was the wooden shoe slide. She went on this one several times!
Then we watched the Dutch dancers perform. After they danced, they invited everyone to form a circle and learn parts of the dance. Abby loved it! I posted a video of her dancing. Later in the afternoon I found her dancing in the driveway.
Once we complete the dance we all got Honorary Dutch Dancer stickers. I even got one!
The carousal was next. She took a while to choose her horse and then was perma-grin through the whole ride. She loves riding horses and kept telling me that she was going up and down, up and down.
There were a few animals there too. Here is Abby with some goats. Some kids were able to walk the goats, but the line was long so we'll come back and do this later in the summer.
There were wagons all over and Abby loved climbing up and sitting on top of them. This wagon had a horse statue and reins. She kept saying, "Giddy up!". It was too funny!
Sticking her face through the cutout was a big hit. Here she is in the girl cutout.
Here she is in the boy cutout.
On our way out we went through the gift shop and Abby begged to try on the big wooden shoes. She really wanted me to buy her a pair, but her size was $20! That's just too much for shoes she'll only wear for about 2 weeks!
After our adventure to Dutch Village and a little lunch, we headed outside to play with our neighbors. Abby loves to play with Jake. They blew bubbles, chased each other and played with sidewalk chalk. Then it started to get really dark out and we headed inside just in time. A downpour started and it's basically been raining ever since. We spent the rest of the day cleaning the house, doing laundry and getting groceries. At the grocery store Abby fell asleep in the cart! It was too funny. I was pushing her along and all of the sudden I looked down and she was drooling on the cart handle. I wish I had my camera to take her picture. The funny part is that I can't get her to sleep at home in her bed, yet she'll fall asleep in the middle of the grocery store! She slept through the grocery shopping, the paying and the whole ride home. She must have been extremely tired.
Here's Abby in her Dutch outfit. Isn't she picture perfect? The apron looks like it's swinging, but it's actually the wind. It was so windy today!
The first stop at Dutch village was the wooden shoe slide. She went on this one several times!
Then we watched the Dutch dancers perform. After they danced, they invited everyone to form a circle and learn parts of the dance. Abby loved it! I posted a video of her dancing. Later in the afternoon I found her dancing in the driveway.
Once we complete the dance we all got Honorary Dutch Dancer stickers. I even got one!
The carousal was next. She took a while to choose her horse and then was perma-grin through the whole ride. She loves riding horses and kept telling me that she was going up and down, up and down.
There were a few animals there too. Here is Abby with some goats. Some kids were able to walk the goats, but the line was long so we'll come back and do this later in the summer.
There were wagons all over and Abby loved climbing up and sitting on top of them. This wagon had a horse statue and reins. She kept saying, "Giddy up!". It was too funny!
Sticking her face through the cutout was a big hit. Here she is in the girl cutout.
Here she is in the boy cutout.
On our way out we went through the gift shop and Abby begged to try on the big wooden shoes. She really wanted me to buy her a pair, but her size was $20! That's just too much for shoes she'll only wear for about 2 weeks!
After our adventure to Dutch Village and a little lunch, we headed outside to play with our neighbors. Abby loves to play with Jake. They blew bubbles, chased each other and played with sidewalk chalk. Then it started to get really dark out and we headed inside just in time. A downpour started and it's basically been raining ever since. We spent the rest of the day cleaning the house, doing laundry and getting groceries. At the grocery store Abby fell asleep in the cart! It was too funny. I was pushing her along and all of the sudden I looked down and she was drooling on the cart handle. I wish I had my camera to take her picture. The funny part is that I can't get her to sleep at home in her bed, yet she'll fall asleep in the middle of the grocery store! She slept through the grocery shopping, the paying and the whole ride home. She must have been extremely tired.Then it was off to Pizza Hut for dinner. Did you notice that the Dutch outfit got replaced with the new princess shirt. :)
Whoa! What a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment