Monday, June 9, 2008

A day of organization


So today was the first "official" day of summer vacation. You might think that I would spend it celebrating and playing with Abby. Well, I did play with Abby, but most of my day was spent organizing my life. I spent the entire morning setting up vet appointments, eye doctor appointments, hair appointments, etc. I had a huge pile of papers that I worked through for about 2 1/2 hours. I feel so much better. I haven't tackled it all yet, but I feel as though we're on our way. Then I moved on to doing four loads of laundry.
Abby seemed a little out of sorts today. Changing the routine was hard for her. She asked 2-3 times when she was going to nana's house. She struggled with playing on her own and needed to be held and rocked quite a bit this morning. I was ready to reassure her that mom was there. It's hard for me to change routine, I can't even imagine how hard it must be for a two year old.
There's not much news on the adoption front. Today I figured out how to add a timeline to the blog to show how long we've been waiting for our little daughter/sister to join us. I'm planning on sending my I-600A into USCIS tomorrow. It needs to be overnighted and there are a few last minute forms I need to complete tonight.
I didn't take any new pictures of Abby tonight so I decided to post a picture from her swimming escapade on Saturday. She's standing next to her cousin Micah. They ran around together through the pool and the slip and slide. She just loves hanging out with all three of her cousins. It's nice to have family so close by.

No comments: