This morning I looked at my two beautiful girls sitting in the green chair and a half and I smiled. I am blessed!! We have finally settled into somewhat of a routine in the morning. We pick out the clothes the night before and I get the girls up at 6:10am. Grace is usually the first one up and all she wants is Abby! So I usually bring her right to Abby in bed and the two of them snuggle for a few minutes. Then it's onto diaper changes and clothes. It is so nice that Abby can dress herself now. It makes it everything go faster. Then all three of us traipse into the bathroom to tackle the hair.
Abby's hair is pretty straight forward. Occasionally I have to use a straightener to get a wayward hair, but it lays so nicely! Grace is also starting to become routine. Every morning we have to wet down her whole head and then we lather it with Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner. This stuff works great! Top it off with a headband or barrette and we're done.
Now, it's into the kitchen. Abby doesn't like to eat breakfast right away and this poses somewhat of a problem because we're on a schedule to get out the door. So, we cut breakfast into 2 parts. She gets a go-gurt (which she loves!) and orange juice when she comes into the kitchen and she takes some dry cereal to eat in the car and at school. So far this has been working well so I might have to invest in go-gurt because I see a lot of it in our future. Grace gets her sippy cup of milk and we all snuggle for about five minutes before it's out the door at 6:37am to greet the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment