Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School!

Today was the first day of school for Abby and me. I wasn't so nervous for me. I've done the "first day" thing for quite a while. I knew that I could wing it if needed. I was totally apprehensive/nervous for Abby. It's such a big thing for her to go to kindergarten. I don't know if it was bigger for her or for me. Yesterday she didn't want to even talk about it, but today she was ready.
We were up bright and early. I took a ton of pictures, but I only put a few on the blog. Abby did get sick of smiling. :) She'll come into school with me in the morning and then play in the room for about an hour before school starts. Then I'll walk her to her room. After school she'll also stay with me in the room for about another hour. It'll definitely be a loooong day for her.
This morning I walked her to her spot in line outside by the other kindergartners. I felt awful that I couldn't wait with her, but I had to line up my own second graders. She looked a little lost and her eyes were big with fear. I did everything I could not to cry. I did almost lose it. I never thought I would be "that mom", but I'm learning new things about myself every day. Then I smiled and blew her a kiss and trusted.
I love having her at school with me. I get to peek in on her often and we run into each other in the hallway too. I feel like I get to see her more. When she ran over at the end of the day she was beaming! Absolutely beaming. She relived every moment and loved it. And I relaxed. It will be a good year.
My baby has become a kindergartner.

I love this picture! Both of us ready for our first day of school!
We had to sneak into her room early in order to take a few pictures. Her teacher is awesome and let us come in. She knew right where her desk was and sat down right away.
We LOVE her teacher!! I can't wait for a great year!!

No comments: