Saturday, May 28, 2011

Playdates!

 Last night I got to have a playdate with my friends Misha and Krista.  One of the teachers at our school was getting married, so I got a babysitter (Thanks Hannah!) and went off to the wedding.  We had a great time.  There was too much laughing, a few too many M & M's, and lots of chatting.  All of which was much needed for me. 
 Today Abby had a playdate.  Her friend from school, Faith, came over to play this morning and have lunch.  They changed clothes 5-6 times, played with Polly Pockets, the Wii, and spied on her sister.  Much needed time for Abby too.
 With Abby preoccupied on a playdate, I sat Grace down and tried box braids in her hair.  A friend of mine did them in her daughter's hair and they looked so cute that I wanted to try them in Grace's hair.  It took much longer than I thought, but they turned out cute.  I hope they last for a few days.  I put red, white, and blue beads in it for Memorial Day.  Thanks Beth for the idea!
Here's the giggling girl.  She's getting much more squirmy now when I do her hair so it takes longer, but usually a sucker will calm her down.

1 comment:

Beth said...

What fun! I love Gracie's hair. I always wish Laine's hair stayed in longer without getting fuzzy with box braids, but she is constantly rubbing her head on the floor, the couch. Oh well! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.