Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tiptoe through the Tulips

The girls and I headed downtown tonight for the traditional dancing. My teaching partner is an alumni dancer and we love going down to watch her. The park was packed and we ran into lots of people we know. One of my favorite things is to dress the girls up in their Dutch outfits and take pictures by the tulips. I know that biologically they don't have a single drop of Dutch blood, but I'm doing my best to nurture it right into them. Aren't they adorable in their outfits? For some reason I couldn't find Grace's hat, but they look great anyway.
This picture is my favorite one of Abby. She has the longest lashes and was gazing right into this tulip. The flowers were in full bloom in the park and it was gorgeous!
Yep, this is my Ethiopian-Dutch girl. Yep, she makes me smile.
Abby even had a pair of wooden shoes. They were a little (alright, a lot) too big for her, but she loved feeling like she was one of the "real" dancers. I think she lost her shoe at least a dozen or more times while walking around, but then again, that's half the fun of wearing them.
Here's my teaching partner, Misha, and Gracie.
At the end of the dancing they invite the children to come out and dance for the last 30 seconds and Abby was thrilled. In fact on the way to our spot she asked if she would be able to dance with Misha again. She loves going out into the street and dancing. I can't wait to see if she chooses to dance in high school.

No comments: