Seriously. Where did the time go? How can it be that my youngest if off to school? I know, it's only three-school. But still. It's school. Oh my. Where did the time go? Grace started three school last week Monday at Holland Christian. She wasn't sure what we were doing, but everyone else was excited so she smiled too. Parents were invited to stay with the kids on the first day. It was also a modified day so it lasted only 45 minutes. I was so glad that meetings hadn't started for me yet so I got to go with her! Sometimes I feel like I miss so many events because of my job, so I was ecstatic to be able to go with Grace.
Here's our traditional first day of school picture in front of the door. Don't you love her smile? She's so ready for school. I know she'll do great and I hope and pray that she'll love it.Abby doesn't start school for another week so she thought it was funny that Grace was headed to school already. These two are so funny!
She picked out a Dora backpack. I think the backpack is bigger than she is! If it gets too heavy she'll topple over!
At school we found her locker, hung up her backpack, found her nametag and beelined it to the play kitchen. She was allowed to explore and play for the first few minutes and she loved the kitchen area.
After circle time, devotional time, song and more play time, we headed to the craft table to paint her hands for a project. She had a choice between green and orange and she went with green. I helped her paint her hands. She wanted to be done right away because the play kitchen was calling her name. After a few more minutes of play we headed home.
She'll go to school every Monday and Thursday from 8:30-10:45 am. It's not along time, but I hope she has a great time and that this little time away provides a small break time for my mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment