Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Settling In

I started back at work this week. I'm not going to lie. It was hard. Sometimes I wish God would send me an amazing Christian husband so I could be a stay-at-home mom. But until he decides to put that in His plan for my life, I'll continue to go to work. It honestly felt as though I never left work. I was able to pick up right where I left off. The kids were great, my substitute teacher did a great job and it was fun to be back with my teaching partners.
Grace is doing well. However, she's having trouble finding naps at my mom's house. She didn't nap at all on Monday and only got 20 minutes of nap on Tuesday. Today she was able to get a morning nap of an hour and a half. We're hopeful that every day it will get a little easier. She's also doing well at night. She usually sleeps 6-7 hours before needing a bottle. However, last night she woke up at 4:30am and didn't feel like going back to bed. So that meant mommy was awake at 4:30am too. I'm headed to bed early tonight so that I can catch a few winks before I have to do a night time feeding again. I can't wait until she sleeps through the night.
Abby continues to dote on Grace. She's making hats out of paper for Grace to wear and coloring pictures for her too. It's so fun to have girls who are getting along. I know it won't last forever, but I'm going to enjoy it for now. This is what was happening tonight in our home. Abby tied herself to Grace's bouncy seat and then tied it around her waist. She was pretending to be the horse and Grace was riding in the carriage. What an imagination!
Don't you just love this smile? It's one of my favorites, even when it happens at 4:30am.
What a cutie! How did I get so lucky as to have two beautiful daughters?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Becky, I love the pictures of the girls. I am sure it was hard to go back to work this week. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Levi and I love you, Abby, and Grace.