Friday, July 29, 2011

My Girls are Mermaids in the water

The drywallers have started downstairs, Grace is down for her morning nap (because she woke up at 5:15 am), Abby is munching on Fruit Loops while she watches PBS and I am sipping coffee. Since I've been reprimanded lately for not updating, I thought I would sit and give a quick one.
Yesterday after Abby's swimming lessons we headed over to the Holland Aquatic Center to meet Misha and her niece Lily for some splashing, swimming and giggling. We had such a great time. The water was so nice and warm and all 3 girls love the water. I told Abby that I thought she might turn into a fish because she was in the water so much, but she quickly corrected me and said that she'd turn into a mermaid not a fish. :) Don't you love this pose? Abby and Lily were adorable in the water. Lily adored Abby and Abby was so gentle and helpful with her. Grace just kept herself busy sticking her face in the bubbling fountains.

This picture makes me smile every time I see it. What an adorable girl! She loves getting water poured over her head. She even does it to herself! I also love this picture because it shows how long her hair is getting. She's never had a haircut and it usually looks so short, but when it's wet, it looks so long. She looks like a completely different person.

The pool had these little buckets and Grace loved them! She filled them up and poured them out and filled them up and poured them out (often right on her head). Silly girl!

Abby and Lily on the tire swing. Cuties!

Abby loved practicing keeping her head under water and was able to do it for 10 counts. Yeah!!

No comments: