Monday, August 10, 2009

Backpacks and Dead Fish

Abby's always been in love with the idea of school. We play school constantly and she loves coming to school to help me. When she turned four I told her that four year olds go to school! Preschool! You can imagine her excitement. She asks at least once a day when it's time to go to school.
One of the things you need for school is a backpack. We've been looking and looking for one that would fit her and we haven't been successful. But, last night while compiling our grocery list for the week, I noticed that there was a good deal on backpacks so the hunt was on! We stood in the backpack aisle for a LOOONG time and tried on every single pink backpack. But this is the winner! Isn't it cute on her?
Oh, and when we came home from the store I noticed that one of her goldfish had died. Bit the dust. Gone. So I quickly scooped it up and flushed it. Abby asked me what I was doing so I told her, "the fish died so I'm flushing him." Surprisingly she was not upset but she was also not convinced that the fish was dead. She seemed totally convinced that it was just sleeping. I told her again that it was dead and she said, "Well, now she's with Jesus." End of discussion. That went well.

Here's the back of the new backpack. Doesn't it look huge on her?
Tonight after dinner we headed over to Captain Sundae for dessert. I had a leftover gift certificate and it was time to use it. Yumm!

No comments: