Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a Weekend!

We had a full weekend! We left Friday afternoon to head to Detroit to visit some friends, meet up with my sister and her family and go to IKEA. We had a great time! Here's our weekend in pictures. Enjoy! Here's Abby just hanging around in the hotel lobby. She loved staying in the hotel. The first night she slept in the bed with me, but that was a DISASTER! She sure moves around a lot when she's sleeping. Needless to say, the second night was in the pac-n-play. Ahhh...much better.
We spent around four hours in IKEA. Here's Abby trying out the furniture. She's only pretending to sleep, she really was a trooper through the whole store. I found quite a bit to put into my cart. The cutest thing was the mini plastic glasses I got for Abby to play with. Since we've been home, Abby's served me quite a few glasses of milk. :) The most disappointing aspect happened when I got home. I was putting away my purchases and found that my new glass salad bowl was cracked. I guess I'll have to be more careful next time.

Here's our favorite Grandma Barb!! We love her!! She came to shop with us and then later brought the whole family over to the hotel to swim with us and have a pizza birthday party. In this picture Abby is really sleeping. She asked for her coat to lay her head against and fell right asleep. It was too cute!
Papa and Nana in the hotel lobby waiting for our friends and the pizza. We stayed at the best hotel! It had a holidome and was perfect for our gathering.
The pool and hot tub were huge hits with the girls! Abby LOVES being with her cousins!! Here are Lauren, Sophie, Julia and Abby hanging out in the hot tub.
I asked Abby to stand still so I could take her picture. This is what I got....hmmm...she wasn't too happy with me. She would rather be in the hot tub.
Here's our favorite Hannah!! She came over later with her family for our pizza party. Abby loves her! She coaxed Hannah into the pool and they were in there for about an hour. Thanks Hannah for watching Abby! :)
Sophie turns three this coming week but since she lives so far away, Nana brought a cake and we celebrated early. She's such a cutie! Happy Birthday Sophie!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw :) looks like you had fun with my family!!! :) i wish i could have been there!!!!! see you tuesday!